SoCal Galaxy User Group Meeting 2019
Updated: March 21, 2019 | User Group Meetings | Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on LinkedIn
Registration is now open to the 2019 Southern California Galaxy User Group Meeting. Tap into the power of the Galaxy user community with two days of user-led presentations, discussions and networking designed to give you the information and connections you need to increase revenue, increase attendance, improve the guest experience and improve the bottom line at your venue.
SOCAL GALAXY USER GROUP MEETING 2019
Hosted by Disneyland Resort
1313 Disneyland Dr, Anaheim, CA 92802
March 6 | 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Session will be held at the Team Disney Anaheim office building in the Resort Conference Room
- Membership, Annual Pass and Season Pass
- Boxed lunch will be provided
- Space for this meeting is limited to 50 spots
March 7 | 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sessions will be held at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel in the Pacific Ballroom
- See the full agenda on the Agenda page
- Light continental breakfast, lunch and snacks will be provided
- While this meeting is open to the larger group of attendees, space is still limited
SOCIAL EVENING EVENT
March 7 | 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. | Splitsville, Downtown Disney
March 6 | 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
*Location: Team Disney Anaheim office building in the Resort Conference Room
Meals: Boxed lunch provided. If you have special dietary restrictions please bring your own lunch or you can purchase lunch from the cafeteria.
Agenda: Open discussion regarding Membership, Annual Pass and Season Pass
*Space for this meeting is limited to 50 spots
March 7 | 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
*Location: Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel in the Pacific Ballroom
Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner provided
8:00 – Join us for a continental breakfast
9:00 – Welcome message from Disneyland Resort
9:10 – Introductions | Randy Josselyn, Gateway Ticketing Systems
10:10 – Disney – Around the World | Scott Lyons, Disneyland Resort
10:40 – BREAK
10:55 – Galaxy Connect update | Nell Smoyer, Gateway Ticketing Systems
11:10 – Groupon Sponsor presentation
11:20 – Kiosks | Chris Blackman, Empire State Building
11:40 – Food & Beverage | Grant Rozich, Palace Entertainment
12:00 – LUNCH
1:10 – Managing Requests | Vanessa Lewis, Aquarium of the Pacific
1:30 – Comp Portal | Michael McSparran, San Diego Zoo
1:50 – Chase Sponsor presentation
2:00 – Power Apps | Luis Almonte, Discovery Cube
2:20 – Migration to Azure | Cheryl Bailey, USS Midway
2:40 – DIY Kiosks | The Living Desert (currently unconfirmed)
3:00 – Digonex Sponsor presentation
3:10 – GROUP PHOTO & SNACK BREAK
4:10 – What’s New with Galaxy | Gateway Ticketing Systems
4:55 – Wrap-up and feedback
*While this meeting is open to the larger group of attendees, space is still limited
Social Evening Event
5:30-8:30 – Splitsville, Downtown Disney
Important Reminder for Attendees:
- [WEDNESDAY ONLY] Please bring a picture ID and ensure the name matches the name you used to register. If you need to make a correction to your registered name for security clearance, please contact Scott Lyons at email@example.com.
- [WEDNESDAY ONLY] All bags will be searched upon entrance.
- [WEDNESDAY ONLY] Parking instructions are TBD and will be communicated prior to the event.
- [THURSDAY ONLY] The meeting will be held at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel in the Pacific Ballroom, so please park in the Paradise Pier Hotel self-park.
- Please communicate any dietary restrictions by March 1st to Scott Lyons at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please be prepared to share a brief update from your venue during the introduction. If you would like to illustrate your update with a PowerPoint slide, send your slide to Randy Josselyn at email@example.com. If you don’t send a slide, we will make one for you!
Open Call For Stories
To keep the discussion engaging and interactive, we would like to have attending attractions share a small story about a project or initiative with learnings that would be useful for the group. This is a great opportunity to share your own successes or failures in an environment that is supportive, educational and fun, and learn from others in the group as well. If you would like to volunteer to share something with the group, please email your idea to Scott Lyons at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Network Event Sponsors – Gold Level
Network Event Sponsors – Silver Level